Teaching Qur’an & Tajwid
With this comprehensive course, you’ll be walked through each aspect of our Learn to Read Series, with a step-by-step breakdown of each unique learning feature.
Enrol on this course now for free, for a limited time only!
What makes this course special?
Clear learning objectives
Each module and unit has a clear set of objectives to aid your learning and progress throughout the course.
Organised Content & Video Chapters
Progress through each module at your own pace, using our bookmarked video chapters to navigate and review content you’re interested in.
With real-world classroom demonstrations, you’ll learn how theory can be applied practically in your own classrooms.
Each unit comes with relevant downloadable material, including course handouts and resources to help you plan and deliver lessons in the best way
This course gives learners a comprehensive understanding of the Safar Learn to Read Series which covers Qurʾān learning and tajwīd component of the Safar curriculum. Learners will gain an in-depth understanding on teaching the Qāʿidah, the foundation to skilled Qurʾān recitation and Arabic language, as well as an in-depth understanding on how to teach the unique Safar Rules of Tajwīd. The course also covers key Qurʿān and tajwīd teaching skills and techniques, as well as looking at common issues and challenges unique to Qurʾān and tajwīd teaching.
The course has four units and is delivered in pre-recorded webinar format with on-screen visual aids, teacher demonstrations, as well as classroom/student demonstrations recorded live at Safar Academy. Learners will need copies of the Safar Complete Qāʿidah and Rules of Tajwīd to use with the course. Handouts are also available to download for the unit/s
Upon successful completion of this course, trainees should be able to:
- Demonstrate a teacher level understanding of the aims, format, structure and features of the Safar Learn to Read Series.
- Expertly use the features and teaching tools contained in the Safar Qāʿidah, Rules of Tajwīd and Juz ʿAmma; in particular, the level system, learning checklists, Correction key & student record.
- Set and maintain tajwīd standards and learning of tajwīd theory using the Ijrā teaching method.
- Plan and manage student progress in a nurturing and motivating manner.
- Use effectively, teaching skills and strategies for teaching Qurʾān and tajwīd subjects to primary learners.
Shaykh Hasan Ali
Founder, Safar Academy Trust
Instructor, Safar Publications Team